Stay updated on all things business, tax and accounting solutions that suit your company.
- How Will Brexit Impact The Property & Construction Sectors?
I think everyone agrees that Brexit will have a significant short-term and medium-term impact on the property and construction sectors, as economic disruptions always come with uncertainty, and there are numerous risks associated with this.
- Business Interruption Insurance
Last weeks ruling in the Supreme Court has given many small businesses a glimmer of hope in the latest lockdown. This will mean that many insurers face the prospect of paying out millions for loss of earnings from the lockdown.
- Raffingers Announce New Partner
Award-winning, full-service accountancy and advisory firm, Raffingers are delighted to announce the appointment of Yedidya Zaiden as its newest Partner, bringing the total number of partners at the Essex and London based firm to eleven.
- Should HMRC Defer Self-Assessment Tax Returns?
Over the past month as the self-assessment tax return deadline of 31st January loomed, HMRC has faced a growing chorus of calls to relax the requirement to submit returns by that date.
- Are Tax Saving Schemes Be Too Good to Be True? An Interview With Keith Gordon of Temple Tax Chambers
HMRC has recently launched a campaign highlighting the dangers of tax avoidance schemes. Whilst these schemes are not classed as tax evasion, they are sometimes based on interpretations of tax law which HMRC may challenge in court.
- Customs Declarations For Goods You Bring Or Receive Into The UK
From 1 January 2021, if you are a UK-based business bringing or receiving goods from the EU, you must complete an import declaration to get your goods through customs.
- Exporting Goods From Great Britain To The EU From The 1st January 2021
From 1 January 2021, you will need to make customs declarations when exporting goods to the EU. These rules currently apply to exporting goods to the rest of the world, including Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- Importing Goods From Great Britain To The EU From The 1st January 2021
The process for importing goods from the EU has changed. Businesses in Great Britain need to complete the following actions to continue importing from EU countries from 1 January 2021.
- Importing goods from the EU to Great Britain
The Government has issued guidance on importing goods from the EU to Great Britain from 1 January 2021.
- COVID-19 Government support and Grants available in 2021
Government grants will continue for the foreseeable future and certainly until 31 March 2021. The main grants and supports available now are outlined below. Please contact us if you need help in claiming any of these.
- EXPORTING - GETTING AN EORI NUMBER
From 1 January 2021 you need an EORI number to move goods between the UK and the EU.
- Brexit Business News
The transition period for the UK leaving the EU has ended. The EU and UK have struck a trade deal, and this has been ratified by the UK Parliament so from 1 January we are trading with the EU quota and tariff “free”.
- Securing Your Financial Future: Protecting Your Loved Ones
We would all be keen to protect our loved ones should the unthinkable happen – be that not being able to work due to injury or illness, suffering from a critical illness or even death. But how many of us put it off thinking it won't happen to us?
- Tax On European Properties After BREXIT
Despite a last-minute attempt at negotiations, it seems almost certain that the UK will be leaving the European Union on the 31st December 2020 without a deal. See some of the tax implications for UK residents who own second homes in France or Spain.
- Setting Ambitious Yet Achievable KPI's for 2021
It goes without saying that 2020 has been an extraordinary and unprecedented year for us all. But I want to look forward to 2021 and ask the difficult question – how do we go about planning for next year whilst the uncertainty seems never ending?
JOIN THE RAFFINGERS TRIBE
Tired of searching endlessly for blogs, books and emails that you hope will help you solve your business problems? Don’t worry, we’ve got your entire business journey covered. From how to secure funding and manage cashflow, right through to succession planning and everything in between. Sound good? Join the Raffingers Tribe to gain access to an ever-growing library including:
- Exclusive tribe events
- Live webinars with incredible guest speakers
- Free downloads, workbooks and cheat-sheets
- A variety of articles covering all things business