CHARITY & NOT-FOR-PROFIT
Valuable and timely advice specifically for your sector.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
We have a long tradition of providing specialist advice to charity and not-for-profit organisations; we understand the commercial pressures and the need to control costs; therefore, you can be guaranteed to receive valuable and timely advice imperative for being successful in the sector. What is more, charity and not-for-profit organisations are subject to a seemingly endless number of regulations and laws – SORP, Companies Act, Charities Act, Gift Aid and VAT and PAYE compliance, to name but a few. At Raffingers, you are guaranteed to be kept up-to-date and compliant with any changes in these regulations.
Take your organisation to the next level with our core services. These are provided in addition to our high quality compliance services, including payroll and audit.
- We have an in-house small business team that can help you migrate over to the software to Xero, provide full training and always be available to you should you need any support. Through access to this data you can track your KPIs, budget accordingly and forecast accurately; all on a daily basis.
- Learn how to manage your money, be smart with your choices and take control of your finances instead of them controlling you.
- Gain access to all of the financial services you need without the cost of a full time employee. We can even be present at your board meetings, helping to facilitate the meetings, set an agenda and create and achieve your action plan.
- Our in-house payroll experts can support you with your payroll process; handling payrolls for organisations with 2 to 200 employees, as well as helping you develop and implement an auto enrolment scheme.
Reducing Business RatesIf you pay more than £20,000 in business rates we may be able to help you reduce your overheads. There is nothing to pay up front for this service.
- As charities grow they often become overburdened and inefficient processes begin to creep in. To ensure you are running as efficiently as possible we will review all of your processes and suggest improvements to make them more effective.
CHARITY & NOT-FOR-PROFIT CASE STUDY
Running a large charity comes with many challenges. Jigsaw Trust has a responsibility to their pupils, yet they still have to ensure the charity is running efficiently and that the day-to-day administration burdens are being taken care of. Having a small HR team means this, on occasion, proved challenging for the Jigsaw Trust and it became difficult to maintain the right balance between HR and the routine but essential tasks, such as payroll.
- Charity Gift Aid Flow ChartThese are the basic rules for determining your charities status when applying for further public spending initiatives.
- Best In Class: Cloud TechnologyThe solutions we offer in this document are those that are the most common and which we have tried and tested for our clients.
- Best In Class: Technology For CharitiesOne of the key themes within charities is how to best utilise digital in order to become more productive, efficient and increase the number of donations.
YOUR CHARITY & NOT-FOR-PROFIT CHAMPION
Suda looks after a team of in-house advisers who specialise in the world of charities & not-for-profit organisations. Our team of charity specialists will assist you with all forms of organisational development and strategic planning. With their vast experience, whatever your challenges or ambitions you can be sure that they will help you will help you to achieve your goals.
Suda joined Raffingers in August 1999 and became a Partner in 2008.
Prior to working with Raffingers, Suda trained with a large firm in the City of London. Suda manages a busy portfolio of clients, including owner managed businesses and UK subsidiaries providing audit, accountancy and business advisory services.
Suda has a hands-on approach to all his business start-ups, guiding them through their tricky growth phases. He also helps in not just giving accounting and taxation advice, which is essential, but also provides advice on setting up systems and sourcing finance, if required.
Emma joined Raffingers in 2015 as an Admin apprentice. She then moved into the Cloud Department and since then she has become one of our Cloud Team Managers. With a real passion for the job, Emma loves working directly with her colleagues and clients. She specialises in most Cloud Softwares and will be able to assist with any bookkeeping, VAT or financial queries you may have, along with any advisory support you may need.
Emma now specialises in helping Property and Charity Businesses embrace the world of Cloud technology. From your accounting to productivity; discover how to embrace technology at a time where it is more important than ever before.
THE RAFFINGERS HUB
We love to talk business and will continue to share with you our business advice and tax planning strategies, helping you to get the most out of your business and your personal finances.
- Why Charities Have To Earn The Trust Of The Public
Charities are reliant on the generosity of the public and therefore need to work hard to maintain the trust of the public. It is important that charities are seen to be controlled and managed properly by their trustees.
- The MWX Foundation – Lessons for Trustees
15th June 2021 has been designated as ‘big advice day’ as part of Small Charity Week. In that spirit, I thought it would be appropriate to take a deeper look at some of the advice given by the Charities Commission as part of a recent investigation.
- Tackling Cybercrime In The Charity Sector
The pandemic is likely to affect charity funds in the next few years, together with reduced funding due to Brexit, so your charities cyber security is more important than ever. There is no better time to investigate cybercrime for charities!
- Budget 2021: Response For Charities
I believe we all expected the Budget to focus on Covid-19 and the economic recovery, I was surprised by the lack of specific support designed to help the Charity sector. However, there were some announcements for the charity sector.