Expert advice in order to keep you one step ahead and successfully build your portfolio.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
There is significant activity from HMRC in the Landlord and Property Sector. Whether you are taking those first tentative steps towards your first property acquisition or considering corporate mergers and disposals, having a property specialist accountant on your side will make the process smoother and ensure you stay compliant, avoiding unnecessary investigation.
- We will look to see if a limited company is the right structure to achieve your objectives, SPV’s or group structure.
- Depending on your size, submitting an audit is a must to ensure you remain compliant with the law. You can be rest assured that we will deal with your audit efficiently and within your budget.
- We will review this on an ongoing basis to utilise the group tax reliefs available.
- We can help you frame your JV’s and provide the necessary tax advice.
- We work closely with a number of leading tax counsels and are able to help you implement non-aggressive tax planning structures to keep your tax bills to a minimum.
- We can help you with this very complicated area of VAT and give you the necessary guidance.
- We will create a cashflow forecast for you so that you can gain a deeper understanding of your finances and treat the underlying causes of poor cashflow.
- Whether you are looking to raise finance for a particular project, thinking about growing through acquisition, or looking to sell, our Raising Finance team has the expertise to help you achieve the right solution for your business.
- We deliver independent financial advice on all of your financial planning needs via our Joint Venture Partnership.
- Working in property and realty can be complex. With Xero, it’s easy to keep your finger on the pulse and be more efficient.
- Let Property CampaignEverything you need to know
- ATED ConditionsDo you meet the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) Conditions?
- Nailing That ProjectFrom bathroom & kitchen installations, to landscape gardening & construction. These types of business face a common challenge - funding day-to-day operations and trading.
YOUR PROPERTY TEAM
We have vast experience in the world of property and have advised over 500 landlords and property investors over the years. This team will be at your disposal, and through being tax investigation specialists, we will ensure you are tax efficient, compliant and will support with any HMRC enquiry, should you fall victim.
Gary originally trained with a mid-sized firm and then spent a number of years as Finance Director of a large consumer electronics company before returning to public practice in 1987. The electronics company was subsequently acquired by a well-known entrepreneur called Alan Sugar and there is some debate as to who was whose apprentice!
Following a three year sabbatical in the USA, Gary joined one of our predecessor firms, Freedman Stuart, in 1995 and becoming a partner in 1996. Gary specialises in the Recruitment, Property and Construction sectors and has a wealth of experience in advising clients in corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Gary is also the firm’s Managing and Senior Partner.
Barry was born into a family of accountants but grew up wanting to be an airline pilot. Having been persuaded that he may be better suited to a more “feet on the ground” profession, he found a passion that he never knew existed, took his exams and qualified at the age of 22.
Barry was a partner at Raffingers by the age of 26 and has now been with us in one form or another for nearly thirty years. Despite still regarding himself as a frustrated pilot, he has grown to love his new life: “I can go on a plane anytime I want but not many pilots will experience the pleasure of walking into a room, facing down a long list of problems and leaving having helped a client to find solutions to all of them.”
Andrew started his working career as a sole practitioner in South Africa. As they did not have any computers or laptops to work on, all his training was done “old style”, in paper ledgers. Andrew moved to London in 1999 and gained further experience in a medium sized firm located in North London.
After completing his professional qualifications in 2003, Andrew dipped his toes into the world of industry. For six months Andrew worked as a Financial Controller; he sorted the accounts department out (and team!) to such an efficient level that the owners were able to sell up for a large profit! Job done, he then returned to public practice. Andrew joined Raffingers in 2007 as our audit manager and become Partner in early 2011. Andrew specialises in the property and construction sector, as well as start-ups.
Adam has been at Raffingers for over 25 years, initially as a trainee and worked his way to partner in 2003. Over those years, Adam has dedicated his time to helping SMEs in all sectors to grow and thrive. There is nothing Adam enjoys more than working closely with his clients to ensure that they can maximise their potential and the values of their businesses. Adam enjoys the variety of work that comes with being a partner, no two days are ever the same.
THE RAFFINGERS HUB
We love to talk business and will continue to share with you our business advice and tax planning strategies, helping you to get the most out of your business and your personal finances.
- Capital Gains Tax: When ‘Simplify’ Really Means ‘Multiply’
The Office of Tax Simplification has just released its proposals to simplify the Capital Gains Tax (CGT) regime by bringing the rates at which tax is paid on gains in line with those charged on income tax.
- HMRC Receives Airbnb Letting Data
It’s important for Landlords to realise that HMRC will know about their lettings through Airbnb, so full disclosure of all their taxable property income is essential, including for all prior years.
- This Is My First Time Buying an Investment Property – What Should I Be Doing?
I meet a great number of people who ask me this question – sometimes it is existing clients who are about to step into the market for the first time; other times it is people I am meeting for the first time.
- Tax Tips For The Property Sector
We all know the world of tax is a minefield, and businesses in any industry that don’t regularly review their finances run the risk of being either non-compliant or paying more tax than they need to.