New Kid On The Block - Meet Our New Audit and Accounts Junior
There's a new kid on the block here at Raffingers. Meet Jade, our new Audit and Accounts Junior! To celebrate this new arrival into the Raffingers team, we thought we'd give our readers an insight into our new team member so that you can learn more about her and discover her plans for the future of Raffingers.
1. What was your job role before joining us?
My previous role was at EasyJet, where I worked as a purchase ledger clerk. My role was to process invoices, deal with customers and suppliers’ queries and resolve any issues. After I left EasyJet I went to help my parents at our family Thai restaurant, where I was senior staff. My role varied from day to day, but my main tasks were to help with the bookings via phone and emails, front of house and helping in the kitchen, such as prepping food and cleaning.
2. What interested you about this role?
At my interview, the team touched on what my day-to-day would be like, this interested me as I felt my brain would forever be in motion, as the longer I learn, the more challenges I would face, which felt thrilling. After joining the firm within the first week, I felt as if the company was a big and warm family in an accountancy practice. Everyone was very welcoming, and it felt like an enjoyable environment to walk into every day. I was captivated by this as I believe a happy, fun working environment gets the work done smoother.
3. What are you looking forward to doing most in the coming year/s?
In the coming years, I hope to become ACCA qualified, whilst learning more skills and gaining more knowledge within the practice to help and support the teams and the partners as much as possible.
4. Do you have any hobbies outside of work? If so, what are they?
My hobbies are basic knitting and playing chess (at a very beginner level). I also experiment with food and cooking new dishes.
5. What was your route like into accountancy?
I started with learning the basics of assets and liabilities in college, I then chose an Accounting and Finance degree at University. After University, I had taken on temporary roles to get my foot in the door and grabbed any opportunity to be able to progress further to become an accountant.
6. A fun fact about yourself?
I have tried the ‘fire noodle challenge’ (Buldak Ramen 2x spicy) and I loved it.
7. Who inspires you?
My little sister, we have a 20-year age gap. I'm still learning about patience and the meaning of what becoming a young adult is. She inspires and motivates me to become a better version of myself and I hope to become a role model for her one day and for her to be able to have the same focus when she grows up.
8. What’s something you’re proud of?
I am proud of graduating from University and being the first one in my family to do so. My parents are extremely proud too which only makes me prouder.
9. If you could have dinner with 3 celebs dead or alive, who would they be?
- Mark Zuckerberg – he had an idea and a passion for technology and he pursued it by launching ‘Facebook’. He inspires me to believe if I have an idea, go for it.
- Elon Musk – another technology genius. His vision in personal life and business is ethical, showing all are equal and all have a chance.
- Rihanna – her music is great and she also seems like a very down to earth lady, who pursues what she enjoys. When the world is expecting her to make more music, she launches her own makeup brand and builds her empire at her own pace.
11. If you were an animal, what one would you be and why?
I would be a Panda. I find pandas are very powerful spirit animals as they have strength, independence, and determination.
12. What do you hope to bring to the company?
I hope to bring laughter and great work ethics to the team. I hope to also bring in more clients for the practice in the years to come and help the practice to grow.
13. Where do you see the world of accountancy in years to come?
The future of accountancy may become very automated. With the rise of technology, accountancy may become a paperless role with interaction with clients over the screens.