WANT TO WORK WITH US?
Find out more about our culture, current vacancies and how you can join our team.
A happy team means happy clients.
We believe every company has a responsibility to take care of the people who ignite it's fire, and our success as a top 100 accountancy firm is all down to our people first team culture. Everything we do is about making a positive impact on the lives of our people, and the lives of our clients. This approach ensures that we don't only deliver a level of service that clients can't find elsewhere, but we provide a culture that our people truly love.
Culture is worth protecting therefore we only consider candidates who are fast movers, proactive doers and enthusiastic learners. Above all we employ people who are genuinely striving to make a positive impact in one way or another.
That's why we like to look after our team, we are an ACCA Platinum Training Provider, proving our commitment towards your professional development. Combine that with shared bonus schemes, flexible working, no ties always and dress-down Fridays and you end up with an environment by which everyone celebrates achievements, cheers on development and always make time for each other.
CAREER PROGRESSIONWe pride ourselves on our commitment to the development of our team and offer the opportunity of career progression all the way to Partner. Just read our Partner profiles, four of our Partners started with Raffingers as trainees.
SOCIAL ACTIVITIESWe want you to enjoy working as part of our team and host a variety of social events during the year. Whether it is our Charity Ball, monthly team lunches, paintballing or cocktail making, there are plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues in a more relaxed and friendly environment.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENTWe offer a friendly, supportive environment with plenty of partner and client interaction from the outset. Not only are we ACCA Platinum Training Providers, but we also offer a mentorship program giving you the opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
FINANCIAL REWARDSWith competitive salaries, quarterly bonuses, regular appraisals, and other financial incentives, we make sure our team is rewarded for the hard work they do.
DRESS DOWN FRIDAYSOk, we may not be the first and we sure won't be the last, but as accountancy companies go we are pretty loud and proud about our dress down Friday policy, which allows us to go on team socials after work without having to get changed first.
FLEXIBLE WORKINGWe recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible working arrangements that enable our team to balance their working life with their priorities.
HELPING THE COMMUNITYOur purpose is to truly make a positive impact and in order to see this through we give our team members the opportunity to take time off work, get stuck into volunteering projects and take an active part in communities.
WE CATER FOR ALL
Whether you are looking to kick-start your career or progress to new heights our team are here to help you achieve your goals.
Our people are passionate about business and client experience. If like us, you don't like sitting back and want to make a real impact on the lives of your clients and on the firm as a whole, we want to hear from you. View our full list of vacancies below.
We have recruited apprentices in all of our departments - accounts, marketing, admin, payroll and cloud. We are pleased to say that the majority of our apprentices go on to full-time positions at the firm. To enquire about our apprenticeship program, contact email@example.com
If you are an ambitious graduate thinking about your future we can help you on the road to success. We offer graduates the opportunity to gain experience and excel in a professional firm. We support graduates through their qualifications and, once qualified will support you with your future career progression. See all current vacancies below.
We're always looking for candidates who are looking to grow personally and professionally in our company.
Audit and Accounts Senior35 hours, 9:30am - 5:30pmBourne Court, Southend Rd, Woodford, Woodford Green IG8 8HD
Audit and Accounts Senior
- Review /finalise statutory accounts for submission to Companies House and HMRC
- Communication with clients as necessary
- Update client files, checklists, records and procedures
- Financial analyses, planning and financial modelling
The Audit Senior will work as part of an audit team or take responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under the manager's supervision. The audit senior will support the manager to manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure the quality of our audits are of high quality.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identify risk matters and discuss the impact of these with the audit manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the manager/partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to these issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree on client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring the progress of the audit against pre-approved budgets.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of our audit team.
- The majority of our audit work is completed in-house with some off-site visits to client’s premises.
Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
Skills and experience that are essential:
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends
Skills and experience that are desired:
- SORP charity experience
Qualifications and training that are essential:
- 3+ years PQE
- Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS
Qualifications and training that are desired:
- A member of ACCA or ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants)
General attributes that are essential:
- Excellent interpersonal and (internal and external) client-facing skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Pragmatic, robust, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities
- A team player, but able to act autonomously with minimal guidance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail
- SME client experience
- Strong client service focused
- Strong analytical, project management skills
- Good Excel and modelling skills
- Friendly outgoing person who is keen to learn and take on more responsibility as the practice grows
General attributes that are desired:
- Good training skills
- Able to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Experience with listed clients
- Experience auditing international groups
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software preferred
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Raffingers to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.Samantha Khansamantha.firstname.lastname@example.org 8551 7200
Graduate Position35 hours, 9:30am - 5:30pmBourne Court, Southend Rd, Woodford, Woodford Green IG8 8HD
Our goal is to provide you with the very best tools, techniques and support, that will enable you to become an excellent ACCA qualified chartered accountant.
To be considered for this graduate opportunity, you must have:
- 2:1 degree
- Grade B or above in at least 3 subjects at G.C.S.E
- The desire to become a chartered accountant
Samantha Khansamantha.email@example.com 8551 7200
- Reasonable knowledge of accounting double entry
- Word, and other Office 365 products
THE RAFFINGERS HUB
We love to talk business and will continue to share with you our business advice and tax planning strategies, helping you to get the most out of your business and your personal finances.
New Marketing Partner: Charlotte Fuller
London-based accounting firm Raffingers Accountants is delighted to announce the appointment of Charlotte Fuller as its new Marketing Partner, effective from Monday 30 October.
New Kid On The Block - Meet Our New Social Media Executive
There's a new kid on our block here at Raffingers. Meet Simone - our new social media executive Simone! She is an expert at all things social media and is excited to bring her creative vision to all our upcoming projects and social media channels!
Meet The Woman Behind Our Digital Solutions Department
Emma realised that "there was something we were missing which could change the lives and businesses of our clients." Find out how Emma's idea created a whole new department, helping digitally transform businesses and streamline their processes.
New Kid on the Block - Meet Our New Payroll Assistant
There's a new kid on the block here at Raffingers. Meet Annick - our new Payroll Assistant. Annick loves baking and crafts, and she's looking forward to learning new skills, bringing a helping hand and lots of laughter to the team!