New Kid On The Block - Meet Our New Cloud Client Manager
There's a new kid on the block here at Raffingers. Meet Philip, our new Cloud Client Manager! To celebrate this new arrival into the Raffingers team, we thought we'd give our readers an insight into our new team member so that you can learn more about him and discover his plans for the future of Raffingers.
1. What was your job role before joining us?
I worked at Flinder, an accountancy firm in London and was a management accountant.
2. Talk us through your prior experience?
I have worked in accounting for over four years! I've been exposed to many areas in the industry like personal tax, corporation tax, and VAT. I am partly qualified with only 4 exams left to go...
3. What interested you about this role?
This role interested me because the Raffingers core values mirror mine and they are a well-respected organisation.
4. What are you looking forward to doing most in the coming year/s?
I am mainly looking forward to continuing to help clients' businesses thrive by having their financials in the best possible position. I also look forward to guiding them to make the best decisions in their businesses.
5. Do you have any hobbies outside of work? If so, what are they?
I like to go to the gym and socialise with friends. I used to play football three times a week before I tore a ligament in my knee.
6. What was your route like into accountancy?
I completed a degree in business management and then I joined a business management graduate scheme before I discovered my passion for accountancy. Once I knew accountancy was for me I moved to my first accountancy practice after six months.
7. A fun fact about yourself?
I can do a backflip.
8. Do you have any key business advice you think would be useful for businesses out there?
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail, a famous quote from Benjamin Franklin.
9. Who inspires you?
My family, Tony Fernandes, David Ross.
10. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
11. What’s something you’re proud of?
Passing 9 of the 13 ACCA exams so far!
12. What’s your idea of a perfect workday?
Being able to tick all the items off my to-do list before I finish for the day. I love the feeling when I’m able to tick off all items on the to-do list/plan for the day just before I finish for the day
13. If you could have dinner with 3 celebs dead or alive, who would they be?
Lewis Hamilton, Will Smith, and Thierry Henry.
14. If you were an animal, what one would you be and why?
I would love to be an eagle so I can always fly to the countries with the best climate to avoid the cold weather.
15. What do you hope to bring to the company?
I hope to bring to Raffingers my knowledge and experience to provide award-winning service to all our clients.
16. Where do you see the world of accountancy in years to come?
I see the world of accounting becoming very digital. I have seen a lot of clients using bookkeeping software especially due to MTD and it rolling out on other taxes, not just VAT.