Amazon Smile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features as Amazon.co.uk The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. Millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations to charities by Amazon. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for smile.amazon.co.uk” on their product detail pages.
We thought we would share with you some of the funny and random items that our team have purchased through Amazon Smile, throughout lockdown:
1. Baby Dance Mats - for newborns... not our staff!
2. Plenty of Compost - our gardens have turned into our new sports arena!
3. Boxing Gloves - it hasn't been easy being stuck with our families...
4. Wireless Headset - our home offices can get slightly manic!
5. Home Projector - cinemas shut? no problem.
6. 100ft Garden Hose - well it was sunny for about 2 weeks...
7. Vitamin C Tablets - okay, maybe these pills don't cure coronavirus after all...
8. Live Lady Bugs - maybe lockdown got to our heads slightly (they are also good for unwanted insects on your plants)
9. Water Guns - we were ready for the heat.
10. 325 N95 Masks - we didn't realise they came in packs of 25...
If like us you are making Amazon lots of money in lockdown, then why not help the Raffingers Foundation by linking your Amazon account to our charity, which means Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the Raffingers Foundation.
AmazonSmile can be a bit confusing for first-time users. Here are some things to remember:
- The Internet address is smile.amazon.com
- If you already have an Amazon account, when you click on smile.amazon.com, you will be asked to sign in. If you don't have an account, you will need to set one up. It doesn't cost anything to set up an Amazon account.
- Once signed into smile.amazon.com, you will be prompted to pick a charity. You can choose Raffingers Foundation from the provided list.
- You must remember to go to smile.amazon.com each time you shop for all of this to work. So, consider bookmarking the site.
There is no cost to charities or customers, and 100% of the donation generated from eligible purchases goes to the consumer's charity of choice.
About The Raffingers Foundation
The Raffingers Foundation was formed in 2016, in memory of Jason Kew, a dear husband and friend, who sadly lost his life to pancreatic cancer. The foundation supports Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund, and has also supported Ovarian Cancer Action since it’s formation in 2016. This year we are pleased to announce that in addition to supporting the Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund, we will now be supporting the Alzheimers Society.
With an estimated 2.5 million people in the UK affected by cancer, and more than 520,000 people in the UK that have been diagnosed with dementia caused by Alzheimer’s disease, our intention is to raise as much money as possible through a variety of fundraisers and events in order to help fight these heart-breaking illnesses.
The foundation is run by volunteers, which means every single penny raised is distributed in one of two ways:
Directly to research projects conducted by Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund and The Alzheimer's Society
Directly to families affected by these diseases experiencing financial difficulties. This money is used to help with costs, such as private counselling for any family members, training, equipment or healthcare.
AMOUNT RAISED TO DATE: £47,600
So… what are you waiting for? Set-up your Amazon Smile account and start donating as soon as your next purchase.
To ensure you don’t miss out on making your purchases through Amazon Smile, you can go to https://couponfollow.com/smilematic which will ensure that whenever you go on Amazon, you’ll automatically be redirected to smile.amazon.com.